I show vulnerability and take responsibility at the same time.
Intense emotions can cloud our judgment and influence our decisions when we are triggered by the situation at hand.
When It’s hard to make sense of it all, the more emotional you become, the less logical your thoughts will be.
This was me!
* I thought I was to blame in a certain situation and so I told myself - You need to hide and can’t be seen anymore, deactivate your socials, leave work, don’t go home!
* I thought I was alone and so I told myself - No-one is ever there for me like I am there for them.
* I was so hungry, but I told myself - You don’t deserve to eat right now.
It’s this inner voice that we argue and contemplate with, which causes us to feel stuck and in a state of panic OR worse, react to in a way we will regret.
I had to put my Coaches hat on, stand up and call bullshit on my ego!
Because I KNOW that my thoughts are NOT FACTS! ! !
“No matter how uncomfortable this feels right now Htay, you need to just sit with it”
So, I did.
I closed my eyes, put my hand on my heart, and I was instantly reminded of when this feeling had showed up once before, twice before, 3 times before.
I knew I couldn’t do this pain journey alone AGAIN.
However, I thought that my friends and family had their own shit going on right now and I shouldn’t be burdening them with mine.
But …. what IF …
* Instead of just assuming they don’t have the time or the energy, we simply just ask them if they do.
* Instead of just expecting people to notice we are off, we tell them we are off.
* Instead of just expecting people to ask if we need to talk, we tell them we need to talk.
* Instead of just expecting people to reach out to us, we reach out to them for a change.
One on One Coaching
Use this form to access your free 1:1 coaching session to first see if coaching is right for you and if we are the right fit for each other.